Do you know someone affected by the Opioid addiction crisis? Do you have a friend or relative who is an addict? Do you know someone who is dealing with this issue in their life? More than 200 people in the United States alone die every day from drug overdose. Over 2 million people every year visit the emergency room nationwide due to drug abuse and over 5000 every single day. Over 23 million people have illicit drug addiction or alcohol abuse problems in this country and only about 11.5% of them get the help they need. The Mantis Foundation helps more people every day to get help.
Trafficking involves transporting someone into a situation of exploitation. Globally there are between 20 and 40 million people in modern slavery today and so many more that we don't even know about. It's estimated that internationally, only about .04% survivors of human trafficking cases are discovered and most are never identified. Global profits exceed $150 billion/year. Many enslaved people are women and girls, but men and boys are not exempt and account for almost 30%. Over half the trafficking cases are children. Many of whom come from the foster care system. The Mantis Foundation provides education and resources to help reduce this problem through awareness.
OUR PROJECTS IN INDIA
- Mobile Medical unit – Providing medical care for the poor in rural villages surrounding Pune, India where people have no access to medical care.
- Immediate need
- Purchase of large Van
- Fully equipped with all medical supplies needed for examination and treatment in remote areas
- Staffed with Driver, medical technician, Doctor, and Nurse
- Monthly support is needed to maintain supplies and staffing
- Current Medical clinic Expansion
- Clinic construction and exam equipment
- Add much needed dental and vision services
- Purchase of radiographic and diagnostic ultrasound equipment
- Girls Home of Pune support and expansion
- Create larger facility for housing and care of more girls rescued
- Create educational platforms like primary and secondary schools for education of rescued girls in the orphanage
Higher education in India is a mere dream especially for young girls who cannot afford it. The Mantis Foundation's College Fund provides for young high school girls to go to college. This changes the direction of her entire life, family, and future generations. Without help, many young girls will never have the opportunity to become successful in India. Help us reduce systemic poverty through education.
Feeding the Hungry
There are so many people literally starving to death due to extreme poverty. This has gotten much worse with the covid 19 pandemic where everything locked down, no one could work, and therefore not provide for their families. There is great sorrow, suicide, and starvation. We have created a fund to provide food for local individuals and families to provide relief. Won't you help us today?